خدش, جلفة, خدشة, خمشة, خربشة, شج, صرير خفيف, قرصةشطب, بدأ من الصفر, خمش, حفر بأظافره, حك جلده, انكرش, نحت, جمع, صر صريرا خفيفا, ألغى
Noun(1) an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off(2) a depression scratched or carved into a surface(3) informal terms for money(4) a competitor who has withdrawn from competition(5) a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game(6) dry mash for poultry(7) a harsh noise made by scraping(8) poor handwriting(9) (golf(10) an indication of damage
Verb(1) cause friction(2) cut the surface of; wear away the surface of(3) scrape or rub as if to relieve itching(4) postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled(5) remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line(6) gather (money or other resources(7) carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
(1) However, people in movies routinely jump through plate glass windows without receiving a single scratch .(2) I won't get the benefit of those eighteen shots because it is a scratch event but at least I could make an attempt at qualifying.(3) Failing to scratch out a run against a starter such as Kip Wells is much different than what happened Sunday.(4) It doesn't matter if you're a duffer or a scratch golfer, there are a wide variety of courses with unique layouts and challenges for golfers of all skill levels.(5) Residents scratch out a living amid blocks of abandoned, boarded up, burned-out row houses and vacant warehouses.(6) Glass was taking courses at KU, so he joined a scratch league at the student union.(7) The newspapers were filled with images of people buried in rubble, yet walking away without a scratch .(8) I picked up the paper clip as my mind told me ├ö├ç├┐Just one little scratch wont hurt.├ö├ç├û(9) She then proceeded to spend a homeless night in strange surroundings out in the cold before being found, without a scratch on her, by her worried owners.(10) Oh wait scratch that I do plan ahead.(11) Hendley held out hope the rest of the night that the Cubs might scratch out a run, but saw those hopes diminish rapidly as Koufax got stronger and stronger.(12) She crawled back into bed when she heard a scratch at her bedroom door.(13) A few moments later I heard the scratch of a match against a striker, then smelled the sweet acrid aroma of marijuana.(14) Conjunctivitis may also occur due to allergies or from a scratch on the surface of the eye.(15) With the pitch already booked but no one to play, word reached the Lashings pub, where a scratch team was hastily put together among staff and regulars.(16) Cases hitting the ground will inevitably pick up grit that can scratch the inside of the die and leave a mark on every case loaded.
(1) from scratch :: من الصفر
(2) start from scratch :: بدء من لا شيء
(3) to scratch :: خدش
(4) scratch card :: بطاقة الصفر
(5) scratch the surface :: اخدش السطح
(6) scratch paper :: ورقة الصفر
(7) scratch out :: محا
(8) scratch off :: خدش
(9) up to scratch :: تصل إلى الصفر
(10) scratch-cat :: خدش القطة
1. graze ::
2. scrape ::
3. prick ::
4. scar ::
5. start ::
6. scribble ::
7. lolly ::
8. scraping ::
10. scrape ::
11. graze ::
12. cross out ::
13. withdraw from ::
14. fret ::
15. grave ::
16. cancel ::
17. itch ::
18. come up ::
19. scratch up ::
20. expunge ::
scratch, scratched, scratches, scratchily, scratching, scratchy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Returned from all of them
without a SCRATCH on me.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
I went to the Asian market,
got the ingredients, made it from SCRATCH.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
Okay. Scratch paper, check.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
- ...where the tow truck SCRATCHed my car.
- The tow truck didn't SCRATCH your car.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
English to Arabic Dictionary: scratch
Meaning and definitions of scratch, translation in Arabic
language for scratch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scratch in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'scratch'
What scratch means in Arabic, scratch meaning
in Arabic, scratch
definition, examples and pronunciation
of scratch in Arabic language.