عادي, جلي, سهل, بسيط, صريح, قماش من لون واحد, واضحبوضوح, ببساطة, بصراحة, تحدث بصراحةشكا, تذمرأرض منبسطة, شىء بسيط غير معقد
Noun(1) extensive tract of level open land(2) a basic knitting stitch made by putting the needle through the front of the stitch from the lefthand side
Verb(1) express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
Adjective(1) clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment(2) not elaborate or elaborated; simple(3) lacking patterns especially in color(4) not mixed with extraneous elements(5) free from any effort to soften to disguise(6) lacking embellishment or ornamentation(7) lacking in physical beauty or proportion
Adverb(1) unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly'
(1) Thumb ring had amethyst jewel in the middle and the pinky ring was just a plain design with squiggly lines and dots, both were silver.(2) The two have no chemistry, and his personality is plain awful.(3) All furniture forms were plain in design with simple or no surface decoration.(4) Belgium's major geographic divisions are the coastal lowlands, the central plain , and the high plateau of the Ardennes.(5) The lack of highway capacity is plain to see as daily congestion is a fact of life on most key roads that link one province to another throughout Java, the country's economic center.(6) It's a silly train wreck of a show, and at some point, you realize these kids are just plain bored.(7) It is apparent to him that his plain speaking is the reason for these attacks, and this goes to show that his statements are true.(8) She was surrounded by a simple, plain room with a wooden wardrobe and desk.(9) On the outside he was a plain guy, quite normal and polite, but once you got to know him, opinions started to take a turn for the worse.(10) It does not commend itself to the masses, which say they like plain speaking, and it cannot be translated into action, which may be good or evil or neither but cannot be both.(11) If you want to distract attention from your top half, go for a plain colour and style on top and a sexier bottom with side ties or lots of flamboyant detail.(12) She was down to earth, plain speaking, kind and considerate.(13) She was either completely clueless or just plain spiteful.(14) Really, your Honours, if that is what the court meant to be saying, it is directly contrary to what they have said elsewhere and what was plain on the papers.(15) The plain girl was normally quick on the uptake, but it took her a few moments before the horrible realization dawned that none of those dresses had been for her after all.(16) Now, we get to some other typos and a lot of just plain stupid false comments that were made in this book.
(1) plain paper :: ورقة فارغة
(2) plain flour :: دقيق صافي
(3) plain water :: الماء العادي
(4) plain sailing :: مشى بسهولة
(5) plain chocolate :: الشوكولاته عادي
(6) coastal plain :: سهل ساحلي
(7) plain weave :: نسج عادي
(8) plain language :: لغة بسيطة
(9) in plain :: في سهل
1. obvious ::
2. intelligible ::
3. candid ::
4. simple ::
5. homely ::
6. sheer ::
7. patent ::
9. unvarnished ::
10. spare ::
11. downright ::
13. grassland ::
مرج، مرعى، أرض معشوشبة
14. plain stitch ::
15. champaign ::
16. kvetch ::
plain, plainer, plainest, plainly, plainness, plains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Plain old Howard Wolowitz
is the best guy I know.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
Just this morning, PLAIN as day.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Is that PLAIN enough for you?
I want them both dead.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
I hide in PLAIN sight, same as you.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
I don't think PLAIN oatmeal
was the point of that story.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
English to Arabic Dictionary: plain
Meaning and definitions of plain, translation in Arabic
language for plain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of plain in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'plain'
What plain means in Arabic, plain meaning
in Arabic, plain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of plain in Arabic language.