قديم, عجوز, عتيق, شيخ, خبير, طاعن في السن, شيخ طاعن في السن, مزمنالطاعن, شيخ عجوز
Noun(1) past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old'
Adjective(1) (used especially of persons(2) of long duration; not new(3) (used for emphasis(4) skilled through long experience(5) belonging to some prior time(6) very good(7) of a very early stage in development(8) just preceding something else in time or order
(1) he's old enough to be her father(2) Those who yearn for the good old warehouse days are going to appreciate the jazzy, ambient vibe.(3) I rode him first at Punchestown in the autumn of 1999 and we've had a good old haul together.(4) The studios keep making this genre of film, and people still go and see them, but they're getting old fast.(5) Jim, as he was popularly known, belonged to an old and highly respected family in the district.(6) Some have been offering old clothes, but these offers have been rejected by most charities.(7) the same old story(8) But Southampton transport planners have said there are no plans to dig up the old ramps or replace them.(9) For those who know Stan, you've heard many of these stories before - but surprisingly they never get old .(10) he filled a bag with old clothes(11) What on earth possessed me to read through those old emails and instant message files?(12) How many times do we need to see the same old arguments made and the same sources quoted?(13) I belong to the old imperial class who want to put up roads and hospitals and make life easier for people.(14) they spent the money on a five-year old hospital(15) the conflict was more than a decade old(16) The rationale for replacing the old buses remains slightly mysterious.
(1) old man :: عجوز
(2) years old :: سنة
(3) old school :: مدرسة قديمة
(4) old-fashioned :: قديم الطراز
(5) old woman :: امرأة كبيرة بالسن
(6) old lady :: السيدة العجوز
(7) very old :: قديم جدا
(8) old age :: كبار السن
(9) old times :: الأيام الخوالي
1. elderly ::
2. dilapidated ::
3. worn ::
4. antique ::
5. mature ::
6. bygone ::
7. hackneyed ::
8. former ::
9. time-honored ::
10. older ::
11. previous ::
12. honest-to-goodness ::
صادقة إلى الخير
old, older, oldest, oldish, oldness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How is that different
than the OLD you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
And, sadly, so many of us get to try
so little before we're OLD and gray.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
twenty years OLD before I figured out
Tootsie Rolls weren't naturally warm.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
I wonder if the OLD gods agree.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
a pair of OLD underwear
fell out of my pant leg!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
English to Arabic Dictionary: old
Meaning and definitions of old, translation in Arabic
language for old with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of old in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'old'
What old means in Arabic, old meaning
in Arabic, old
definition, examples and pronunciation
of old in Arabic language.