Noun(1) a vague idea in which some confidence is placed(2) an outward appearance(3) a clear and telling mental image(4) a concavity in a surface produced by pressing(5) a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving(6) all the copies of a work printed at one time(7) (dentistry(8) an impressionistic portrayal of a person(9) the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another
(1) police issued an artist's impression of the attacker(2) If furthermore the impression is lousy with broken lines from worn blocks, you can be sure that it is a late edition.(3) She added that if the city made a good impression on such visitors, there could be a spin-off benefit if they returned to York at a later date with their families or friends for a holiday.(4) A good handshake makes a lasting, favorable impression .(5) her courtesy had made a good impression(6) Peter's letter in the last issue may have given some people the wrong impression .(7) Each impression in a print edition was different - thereby erasing the idea that they should all be the same.(8) Over the years, punk, heavy metal, grunge, disco and dance have come and, in some cases, gone, but none have made the slightest impression on Motorhead's brutal oeuvre.(9) As she explains: ├ö├ç├┐The strongest impression on me was the silence, the absence of human presence and the scale and beauty of the icebergs.├ö├ç├û(10) There are always people you know by name and face because they really haven't changed all that much and they left quite an impression on you even after all these years.(11) His experiences made an indelible impression on him.(12) He was hoping to make some kind of impression on his audience.(13) Truthfully, he didn't make much of an impression on me.(14) He manages the feat of being at once soft-spoken and opinionated - giving the impression that he genuinely doesn't care what other people think of him.(15) Up front the forwards made no impression and the fact that they failed to score tells its own story.(16) Her decision not to testify had left a bad impression on the jurors, despite the judge specifically ordering them not to read anything into it.
(1) first impression :: الانطباع الأول
(2) overall impression :: الإنطباع العام
(3) make an impression :: يترك أثرا
(4) wrong impression :: انطباع خاطئ
(5) make a good impression :: اعط انطباعا جيدا
(6) general impression :: انطباع عام
(7) good impression :: انطباع جيد
(8) bad impression :: انطباع سيء
(9) lasting impression :: انطباع دائم
(10) false impression :: انطباع خاطئ
1. feeling ::
2. opinion ::
3. impact ::
4. indentation ::
6. representation ::
7. effect ::
8. picture ::
9. printing ::
10. stamp ::
11. imprint ::
impression, impressionism, impressionist, impressionists, impressions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Did I give you the IMPRESSION
that this was a negotiation?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
Plus, I want to make a good
IMPRESSION, and no offense,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
l was under the IMPRESSION
that you had this under control.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
your Stephen Hawking
IMPRESSION in front of him.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
and he has a pathological need
to make a good IMPRESSION.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Arabic Dictionary: impression
Meaning and definitions of impression, translation in Arabic
language for impression with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of impression in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'impression'
What impression means in Arabic, impression meaning
in Arabic, impression
definition, examples and pronunciation
of impression in Arabic language.