المقدسمقدس, تقي, رهيب, ورع, مفعم بقوة خفية, قدسي
Noun(1) a sacred place of pilgrimage
Adjective(1) belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power
(1) He was a very holy person who had a real interest in people.(2) Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits.(3) What do the lives and service of holy women teach us about ordaining women?(4) An elderly man, presumably seeking to protect the sanctity of this holy site, was shouting after them.(5) As a result my picture hopefully has a holy spiritual quality.(6) He put the turban upon his head and set the gold rosette as symbol of holy dedication on the front of the turban as the Lord had commanded him.(7) And within the latter community there are deep divisions, many due to the further attempt to discriminate between those who are or are not holy or Spirit-filled.(8) For the holy month culminates in a prescribed annual almsgiving, amounting to a tax on one's wealth and property, to be distributed in the coming year to those in need.(9) She became a constant visitor to the holy women of White Church(10) At the same time, it opens you to a respect and a reverence in fact, for what is true and holy in other religions.(11) To her he was godlike, noble, excellent, all but holy .(12) Three of the employees, who are Muslims refused to shave because it was holy month of Ramadan.(13) There are two main Muslim holidays: Eid Al-Fitr is a three-day festival at the end of the holy month of fasting, Ramadan.(14) Surely the pilgrim was innocent, and a most holy man.(15) When a temporary lifting of the curfew was announced in Jenin on the fourth day of the holy month of Ramadan in November 2002, the happiest of all were the children.(16) The holy man quickly surmises the scale of the problem.
(1) holy water :: ماء مقدس
(2) holy war :: حرب مقدسة
(3) holy man :: ولي تقي
(4) holy father :: الأب المقدس
(5) holy day :: يوم مقدس
(6) holy place :: مكان مقدس
(7) holy terror :: رعب عظيم
(8) holy communion :: بالتواصل المقدسة
(9) the holy ghost :: الشيطان المارد
(10) holy orders :: أوامر دينية مقدسة
1. saintly ::
2. godly ::
4. pious ::
5. pietistic ::
6. religious ::
7. devout ::
9. spiritual ::
10. righteous ::
11. good ::
12. virtuous ::
14. sinless ::
15. pure ::
16. numinous ::
17. beatific ::
21. sanctum ::
22. holy place ::
1. faithless ::
2. godless ::
3. irreligious ::
4. ungodly ::
5. unholy ::
holism, hols, holy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Holy crap, are you connected
to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
Holy shit. What was that?
Thermite. So they tell me.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
Holy crap, man,
it's good to see you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Arabic Dictionary: holy
Meaning and definitions of holy, translation in Arabic
language for holy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of holy in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'holy'
What holy means in Arabic, holy meaning
in Arabic, holy
definition, examples and pronunciation
of holy in Arabic language.