Noun(1) cutlery used for serving and eating food(2) the act of branching out or dividing into branches(3) the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches(4) an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs(5) the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
Verb(1) lift with a pitchfork(2) place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces(3) divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork(4) shape like a fork
(1) Ignore left fork and enter grounds of school.(2) Can you tell me what the benefit is of having a carbon fork ?(3) A left fork from the road led me along a track up to it.(4) At Kattikulam, the right fork of the road leads to Nagarhole and the left to Tirunelli through elephant sanctuaries and bamboo forests.(5) A brilliant fork of lightning erupted from the dark grey clouds, a clap of thunder following closely behind.(6) The fork comes with disc brake mounts if a person would ever be interested in upgrading.(7) Each wheel was carried in a fork formed by a pair of hydraulic shock absorber struts.(8) He could heave it with a garden fork into the sacks.(9) Shaken but not stirred [or deterred] by this, we pressed on until we came to a fork in the road.(10) Conversely, the trail intersections homeward-bound ants encounter have branches that fork at a sharp angle and a gentle one.(11) When faced with a fork in the road, you can always sit and wait for someone else to make the decision.(12) Some students believe that they face a sharp fork in the road.(13) Using a fork will pierce food and natural juices will be lost.(14) He got as far as their Second XI before reaching a fork in the road.(15) But the opposite holds true if the house is at the end of a T-junction or in the fork of a road where it faces oncoming traffic.(16) He noticed her picking at the food nervously with her fork .
(1) tuning fork :: الشوكة الرنانة
(2) fork out :: مفترق
(3) knife and fork :: سكين وشوكة
(4) salad fork :: سلطة شوكة
(5) dinner fork :: شوكه العشاء
(6) wooden fork :: شوكة خشبية
(7) fork over :: أكثر من مفترق
(8) fork in the road :: مفترق طرق
(9) spoon and fork :: ملعقة وشوكة
1. ramification ::
2. crotch ::
3. split ::
4. ramify ::
5. pitchfork ::
fork, forked, forkful, forkfuls, forking, forks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Thailand has had the FORK
since the latter half of the 19th century.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
and set the Riverland on fire
from God's Eye to the Red Fork.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Now, while you scold us,
I'm going to get a knife and a FORK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
She uses a FORK
and she double-dips her egg rolls.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
Sh-Sheldon was squatting down
to pick up a FORK
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
English to Arabic Dictionary: fork
Meaning and definitions of fork, translation in Arabic
language for fork with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fork in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fork'
What fork means in Arabic, fork meaning
in Arabic, fork
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fork in Arabic language.