رقاقة معدنية, المغول السيف, طبقة رقيقة من القصدير, شىء يظهر بالمغايرة, ورقة نباتهزم, أحبط
Noun(1) a piece of thin and flexible sheet metal(2) anything that serves by contrast to call attention to another thing's good qualities(3) a device consisting of a flat or curved piece (as a metal plate(4) picture consisting of a positive photograph or drawing on a transparent base; viewed with a projector(5) a light slender flexible sword tipped by a button
Verb(1) enhance by contrast(2) hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires(3) cover or back with foil
(1) The reflective foil gives the surface a shiny playful quality.(2) Now Thatcher's famous intransigence provided the perfect foil to the image being built of the noble rebel.(3) The greater the pressure, the smaller the diameter the ruptured foil would be.(4) The tournament involves the three fencing swords, foil , Ôö£┬«pÔö£┬«e and sabre and comprises individual and team events.(5) I unwrapped a Pop Tart from its foil wrapper and placed it in the toaster.(6) And as well as wrapping the turkey in foil this year, some people tried doing the same with their sets.(7) She grimaced and let the point of her foil drop to the floor.(8) Gold foil is used for decorative gilding coatings in, for example books, church furniture, steeples and statues.(9) Indeed Veeru's Napier thrust looked just the foil to Rahul's rapier thrust.(10) Like the film, it begins with an ordinary day in the life of Mr. Incredible and his wife-to-be, Elastigirl, as they foil a bank heist.(11) aluminium foil(12) In Tucson, Arizona, Barbara dries them on her roof, spreading the tomatoes on oiled screens under cheesecloth tents to foil the birds.(13) He was a great ├ö├ç├┐reacter,├ö├ç├û which made him the perfect foil for Stan and Ollie.(14) I had read about this kind of sword before - a Rapier - a dueling foil - a child's toy.(15) The final inclusion is a thin foil case badge saying simply ├ö├ç├┐Geared by MSI├ö├ç├û.(16) I could see lots of clear plastic bags and silver foil wraps floating away.
(1) aluminum foil :: ورق ألومنيوم
(2) tin foil :: رقائق القصدير
(3) gold foil :: رقائق الذهب
(4) metal foil :: احباط المعدنية
(5) silver foil :: احباط الفضة
(6) foil paper :: ورقة احباط
(7) to foil :: لاحباط
(8) serve as a foil :: بمثابة احباط
(9) foil weave :: تموج بالرقائق المعدنية
1. contrast ::
2. transparency ::
3. hydrofoil ::
4. enhancer ::
5. thwart ::
6. cross ::
foil, foiled, foiling, foils
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Eat a block of cream cheese
straight from the FOIL
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Arabic Dictionary: foil
Meaning and definitions of foil, translation in Arabic
language for foil with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of foil in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'foil'
What foil means in Arabic, foil meaning
in Arabic, foil
definition, examples and pronunciation
of foil in Arabic language.