عذر, حجة, معذرة, سماح, صفح, تجاوزمبرر, اعتذر, برر, اغتفر, غفر, عفا, تغاضى
Noun(1) a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.(2) a note explaining an absence(3) a poor example
Verb(1) accept an excuse for(2) grant exemption or release to(3) serve as a reason or cause or justification of(4) defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning(5) ask for permission to be released from an engagement(6) excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with
(1) The newest excuse for sickness and probably the next bandwagon to jump on for a claim is sick building syndrome.(2) Since men who've known the horror and stress of war would not excuse such crimes why are so many conservatives willing to do so?(3) Were scheduling conflicts an excuse or a real factor in your relationship?(4) But it is these days difficult to avoid the tangled mess of geopolitical analysis, so please excuse my taking liberties this week.(5) Kym kicked 2 goals and his team won the game but his real excuse to take the day off on Monday arrived at 3.30 that morning.(6) Students also believed their colleagues use age as an excuse to mask their real reasons for not returning to school, whatever those reasons might be.(7) She glared at Sean with a look that conveyed that she didn't buy his excuse for a second.(8) To excuse sin as sickness is a tempting way to avoid responsibility.(9) However, there's also a statutory defence for the defence to show that they had a reasonable excuse for failing to turn up.(10) It can be said that Tuesday night is the one night when there is no real excuse to party.(11) The difficulties encountered in investigations did not excuse wrongdoing on the part of gardaÔö£┬í, Mr McDowell said.(12) it will not be possible to excuse you from attendance(13) that pathetic excuse for a man!(14) there can be no possible excuse for any further delay(15) He would soon be writing to RAZ asking the referees' body to excuse him so he could concentrate on his mayoral duties.(16) it will not be possible to excuse you from jury duty
(1) excuse me :: عفوا
(2) make an excuse :: قدم عذرا
(3) give an excuse :: قدم عذرا
(4) lame excuse :: حجة واهية
(5) good excuse :: ذريعة جيدة
(6) use as an excuse :: استخدام ذريعة
(7) on the excuse of :: بحجة
1. justification ::
2. pretext ::
3. travesty of ::
4. apology ::
6. forgive ::
7. justify ::
9. pardon ::
10. condone ::
11. beg off ::
12. relieve ::
13. explain ::
excuse, excused, excuses, excusing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
You'll have to EXCUSE me,
but... it's my turn.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
If you’ll EXCUSE me, you can have a rest.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
English to Arabic Dictionary: excuse
Meaning and definitions of excuse, translation in Arabic
language for excuse with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of excuse in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'excuse'
What excuse means in Arabic, excuse meaning
in Arabic, excuse
definition, examples and pronunciation
of excuse in Arabic language.