سلطان, نفوذ, حكم, قوة, وزن, سلطة حاكمة, قبضة, قوة مقنعة, قوة نافذة, قسم
Noun(1) the power or right to give orders or make decisions(2) (usually plural, administrative(3) an expert whose views are taken as definitive(4) freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities(5) an administrative unit of government(6) official permission or approval(7) an authoritative written work
(1) acting under the authority of the court(2) And this fact will, no doubt, be trumpeted as a success by those set in authority over us.(3) he had absolute authority over his subordinates(4) As I write, I cannot say with authority when the bulldozers will move onto the forty three acre site, but expect it to be sooner rather than later.(5) I want to speak to a person in authority(6) Bring them to meetings and begin to delegate responsibility and authority to act, while you observe and coach.(7) Peter loved jazz and also was quite an authority on that subject.(8) The early Dissenters and Separatists of the late 15th century were his specialist study, and he became an authority on this subject.(9) divine authority(10) No authority was cited in support of a tariff claim for travel of counsel, accommodation or food.(11) We are a civilian organisation and our officers have no executive powers, such as the authority to detain or arrest people.(12) Every soldier now has the authority to find and arrest any war criminal.(13) The Council said it was questionable whether it had the legal authority to expend funds to provide educational services in the town.(14) We can delegate the authority to train and bring up our children to someone else but never the responsibility.(15) the licence was granted on the court's authority(16) In this area Cullen writes with authority and knowledge.
(1) competent authority :: السلطة المختصة
(2) local authority :: السلطة المحلية
(3) delegation of authority :: تفويض السلطة
(4) authority figure :: ممثل السلطة
(5) public authority :: سلطة عمومية
(6) legal authority :: السلطة القانونية
(7) certificate authority :: مصدق
(8) line authority :: سلسة المسؤوليات
(9) licensing authority :: سلطة الترخيص
(10) central authority :: السلطة المركزية
1. power ::
2. authorization ::
4. expert ::
5. evidence ::
6. self-assurance ::
7. sanction ::
8. say-so ::
9. bureau ::
1. amateur ::
2. inexpert ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The gods don't recognize
his AUTHORITY in this matter.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
They don't argue
or question my intellectual AUTHORITY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
My dear, you have been stripped
of your dignity and AUTHORITY,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
She does not like to have
her AUTHORITY questioned.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Under my AUTHORITY
as a self-appointed member
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
English to Arabic Dictionary: authority
Meaning and definitions of authority, translation in Arabic
language for authority with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of authority in Arabic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'authority'
What authority means in Arabic, authority meaning
in Arabic, authority
definition, examples and pronunciation
of authority in Arabic language.