غالي السعر, غال ثمين, غير رخيص
Adjective(1) high in price or charging high prices
(1) it's expensive to go there(2) It's a defeat that could prove to be extremely expensive come the end of the season.(3) Irrigation is too expensive to be worthwhile for most crops, so we could do with a bit of rain.(4) More expensive water will provide an incentive to be more thrifty in how it is used.(5) These courses are very expensive , due to the variety of resources needed to run them.(6) He said the charges were too expensive and would keep visitors away from the palace.(7) December is not an expensive month to fly, as long as you avoid the week before Christmas.(8) There was a swimming pool in the grounds, but apparently it was too expensive to fill.(9) The short season is only one reason why asparagus is expensive to grow and produce.(10) Suing a supplier based overseas can be difficult, expensive and take a lot of time.(11) For a man famous for running a tight ship, this could be a painfully expensive exercise.(12) that car looks expensive(13) We own a buy-to-let property which we want to sell in order to buy a more expensive one.(14) The bargains will prove to be very expensive if you have to pay interest on the money you spent.(15) A new kitchen can be one of the most expensive home improvements most people will make.(16) Prices of the more expensive properties have stopped going up and some are on their way down.
(1) too expensive :: غالي جدا
(2) more expensive :: أغلى
(3) very expensive :: غالي جدا
(4) less expensive :: أقل غلاء
(5) most expensive :: الأغلى
(6) not expensive :: غير مكلفة
(7) this is expensive :: هذا مكلف
(8) a bit expensive :: مكلفة بعض الشيء
(9) prohibitively expensive :: باهظة التكاليف
1. costly ::
2. high-priced ::
3. dear ::
5. exorbitant ::
6. extortionate ::
7. steep ::
8. pricey ::
9. spendy ::
11. big-ticket ::
12. costing the earth ::
ليشطب من الأرض
1. cheap ::
2. inexpensive ::
expensive, expensively, expensiveness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What you're buying here
are the ingredients for very EXPENSIVE urine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
Conscience gets EXPENSIVE,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
I'm wildly EXPENSIVE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
That sounds EXPENSIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
I did. I asked for the
most EXPENSIVE one they have.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
English to Arabic Dictionary: expensive
Meaning and definitions of expensive, translation in Arabic language for expensive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of expensive in Arabic and in English
Tags for the entry "expensive"
What expensive means in Arabic, expensive meaning
in Arabic, expensive definition, examples and pronunciation
of expensive in Arabic language.